Ennis Street Festival
1st Jul 2013 - 7th Jul 2013
Welcome to the 8 annual Ennis Street Festival 2013. The programme for this year’s Festival is sure to inject plenty of joy and fun around the streets of the county town, through a host of high-quality, engaging entertainment, taking place on the streets of Ennis. This festival represents the Art & Culture of Ennis and Co. Clare, and offers our whole community a family-frienly safe opportunity to enjoy something different during the first week of July in Ennis Town.
The theme of this year's festival is 'Let's Explore'. All of the festival artistic projects and activities are based on this concept, whereby the audience and community will be invited to explore and share this exciting experience all around the streets of our town, Ennis.
More than 200 people, between local, national and international artist, the local community groups and the festival team have been working hard over the last months, to make sure everyone has the opportunity to take part and enjoy this fantastic week.
Take your time to explore our program and to be part of it, by celebrating this alternative festive event that will bring everybody together onto the streets of our beautiful town, Ennis.
So Come and Share this Wondeful Experience with us!
Highlights of the festival:
- Children's & Adult's Workshops at Glór
- The Mixtape Project - a music event by Clare Youth Services
- 'This Happened in The City Jail' & 'Baglady', theatre at Glór
- 'The Butcher Molloy', theatre at Glór
- 'The Tragic Comedie of Mr Punch', Puppet Show at Glór
- 'Professor Plunger', Street Enterteinment.
- Our Charming Characters, Street Enterteinment.
- 'Meet Peader', Street Enterteinment.
- Clare Folk Tales Book Launch
- 'Monsieur Gusto', Street Enterteinment.
- 'Explore the Heights in Ennis', Aerial Show with Fidget Feet.
- Dance and Music events in the Streets by The People from Co. Clare
- 'Windings' & '39 Shots', Music at Brandons Bar
- Our ever-popular Duck Race at the River Fergus
- Siomha Brock Music at Glór
- Art & Craft Market
- Trad Music by Seanie McGrath, Siobhan Peoples & Murt Ryan
- Thai Cultural Fair
- Keith McDonald and Buck Taylor experience Music at O'Keeffes Bar
- Art Boom Project!
- Art for all, Open Air Exhibition
- Meitheal Mural Project
- Music Event at Abbey Street Car Park
- 8 Punto G Festival Finale Party
There will be different music events around the town during the day and at night-time in different venues, and more surprises during the weekend!